[ic] Build pages from smaller parts

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 08:50:39 -0800

Yes, you can make "pieces" which can be mixed and matched to assemble
pages.  The [include ..] tag will draw the contents of a file into a page,
interpolating any IC tags in the file as well, so you could do something like

[if value current_type eq employee]
         [include form_parts/emp_info]
[/if]

...keep in mind that form elements and page content don't exist in a
vacuum; you will have to be mindful of setting the correct form actions,
target pages, etc, and will have to give some thought as to how to handle
field validation, taking into account all possible combinations.

- Ed L.