[ic] Re: Interchange and RaQs ATT:John Gioglovan

Martin Kisser martyk@gmx.de
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:58:26 +0100

Hello John!

Some more about my RaQ-installation.
> Do you use InterBase. Release V6.0  ?
> any db ?
i've planned to step up to MySql, but my isp didn't set it up yet. So i
use only the default_db-Version with the ASCII-Text files and the
GDBM-databases (speed is ok for testing) with my Interchange

> I'm really interesed in the RaQinstalation...
> Did u installed the Interchange main soft in /usr/local or in the user
> folder /home/sites/site1/users/johndoe/interchange ?
first: i'm only a user and have no root privileges (just rented webspace,
not my RaQ)
=>my catalog directories (simply done with makecat - i also didn't changed
the permission) are in /home/sites/site1/catalogs
=> my Interchange root is in /home/sites/site1/ic46
=>the shop-cgi is in the /home/sites/site1/web or
/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin (i have to name it *.cgi to get it work, but
where it is located in the Browser-visible workspace doesn't matter)
=>the html dir is /home/sites/site1/web/shop
=>the perl i use is from the normal isp installation (/bin/perl) - only in
the interchange/lib/ are some more (from IC-setup) installed perl-modules
=>changed the environmental PATH to first look for local files ".", but
there is no path to the IC-installation (dont know if any of this affects
IC)

Regards,
Martin Kisser