[ic] IC randomly logging users out on receipt generation

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:08:46 -0500

Quoting Hugh Wilson (hugh@red-e2.com):
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with ic randomly logging out users who buy goods. On
> the checkout page they will be logged in. When they hit "place order", the
> correct receipt is generated but often the user is logged out at the same
> time! I haven't been able to discern any pattern in this behaviour.  It
> seems to do it with the simple and construct demo catalogs I have set up.
> Any help would be much appreciated.

It should only log out admin users, an unfortunate side effect of wanting
to maintain a customer list. If they are logged in via the userdb table,
not the access table, the logout should not occur.

One way to do testing is to use two separate browsers. For example,
on Windows you could use Netscape for the order test and Explorer for
the admin. On Linux you can have two separate user ids running Netscape,
one to do the order tests and the other to do the admin.

Or you can just put up with having to log back into admin when you
place a test order, like I do. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman