[ic] mv_end_string

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:12:48 -0500

Quoting Bennett Grassano (bennett@booksellersolutions.com):
> I know that there is a mini-vend variable "mv_begin_string" which will only
> match a string if it is at the beginning of a field.  What I really need it
> to match is a string at the END of a field in a drop down menu. For instance
> results for "Literature" need to be exclusive from results for "Literature
> Studies"
>
> Is there such a thing as a "mv_end_string" varible?  If not, is there
> another way to distinguish between these two fields within the limitations
> of a drop down menu?

You can use the exact match operator on a coordinated search:

	[loop search="
			co=yes
			se=Literature
			sf=category
			rf=0,category
			op=em
	] [loop-code] [loop-param category]<BR>
	[/loop]

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow