[ic] Serious Problem after reconfig!

Josh Massie Josh@pollstar.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:53:36 -0800

Marc,

Actually, rather than worry about vi when you telnet in, why not try this:

cd /whatever/file/path/to/the_files/
perl -pi -e "s/\r//g" catalog.cfg

strips those CR's right out.  When I worked at an ISP we had to do this quite often for people who insisted on editing their perl CGI scripts in [Word/Note]pad.  Give that a try.

josh

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:50:59 -0800
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
From: Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com>
Subject: Re: [ic] Serious problem after reconfig!

Marc -

You will probably need to telnet into you server space, then use a unix
text editor to fix the file - opening and then saving it with vi, ed, emacs
or pico may in itself "cleanse" the file.  Just login with telnet, then:
         cd catalogs/yourcat
         pico catalog.cfg

Ctrl + O to save.  You will then need to do a command line reconfig, or
just restart minivend.

Hope it works for you!

- Ed L.

At 10:13 PM 11/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanks a lot Ed!
>
>This seemed to be the problem! (one world, one lf...)
>My problem is now to reconfig the catalog at my IPS site.
>Cause of the messed up catalog.cfg, I can@t login into Minimate
>anymore.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>regards,
>Marc
>
> > Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:51:09 -0800
> > To: interchange-users@minivend.com
> > From: Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com>
> > Subject: Re: [ic] Serious problem after reconfig!
> >
> > You did change something, right?  Otherwise, why would you reconfig...
> >
> > I have seen this kind of behavior appear when the catalog.cfg
> > is not a
> > strict unix text file, which can occur when the file has been
> > downloaded
> > and edited on a Windows or Mac box, then uploaded again full
> > of CR's.  Did
> > you do this?
> >
> > - Ed L.

josh massie