[ic] calculations with money field

Sim Zacks Szacks@co.wayne.mi.us
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:22:58 -0500

I am trying to figure out how to do subtraction with money values.
I am trying to calculate the subtotal -  (amount * quantity) of a specific product.
In my case there is a discount on the entire order except for a specific product.
What i tried to do was in the basket code where it is looping through the products I have an
[[if type=explicit compare="[item-code] eq product_sku]"]
 [seti notcount] [item-subtotal] [/seti]
[/if]

and that sets the notcount variable to $50.00 then when I am doing my discount I want to do a
[subtotal] - [notcount] in order to calculate the correct discount and then add [notcount to that.
with subtotal there's a noformat parameter which converts it to a number, but I can not figure out how to do that with a regular scratch variable.

Sim