[ic] .shtml pages

delionsweb - minivend minivend@delionsweb.net
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:16:50 -0500

Anybody have any tips or ideas on how to make .shtml pages to be found by
the Interchange system?

Notice that I am NOT trying to make Interchange respect SSI tags at all!
I *am* using XSSI (Apache 1.3.14) to build the static portions of the web
site and want to make common content areas available to the interchange pages.
Part of the reason to NOT place ALL pages in the catalog is performance
which in this specific site's case is more important than the content
management offered by Interchange.
We want IC handling of the pages only once the user enters into the product
catalog and or buy process etc.

So, FYI this is what I have:

~/www/content/page.shtml		(This is the meat of the page)
~/www/page.shtml			(This is a layout wrapper that uses SSI to get the body
of the page)

~/catalogs/site/pages/page.shtml	(This is based on one of the IC page
templates and body is basically just a single
						[file ../../www/content/page.shtml])

The main reason for having the .shtml extension here is because the
navigation bar and sometimes links inside the pages refer to a page with a
.shtml extension.