[ic] OT sorta.

Birgitt Funk mymother@my-mothers-shop.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:32:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Michael H. Collins wrote:

> Also, The quote I give may be enough to scare him off of the Idea.
> (As I have always said "I don't do databases")

Fixed price advice:

Better scare someone off with in the beginning than p*** someone off
in the middle of the road, because you had made a wrong estimate.
No surprise for your customer is still the best way of keeping him.
Don't be wishy-washy.

Hourly price advice:

You shouldn't do that, if you still learn yourself. Don't underestimate
your customers, they can tell easily. Don't do that, if your customer
sort of doesn't know _exactly_ what he wants.  Otherwise it might be
better for you to work by the hour to protect yourself...

"I don't do databases" advice:

That's why you can sell your services with IC, you don't necessarily
need to do databases...

--
Birgitt Funk