[ic] Images instead of Form submit buttons

Hans-Joachim Leidinger hans-joachim.leidinger@home.gelsen-net.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:22:49 +0100

Hmmm.... without cookies...No! With cookies...Yes!
There are two kind of methode. One is a POST methode and other is a GET
methode. You will noticed a lot of links with session id. But so far as
I'm able to read the InterChange codes and to understand this codes
(Sorry! English is not my native language!), IC checks for the kind of
the methode and when IC recognizes a POST methode, IC will fetching the
cgi-query-string and parses it to do something. Adding a session id
(with [data session id]) into the action part (<form action=".....[data
session id]"...>) will not solve or help.

I lose always my basket or I get always a new session id with any POST
methode, when I forget the input line with mv_session_id. Try it and see
what happen. Am I right?

Joachim

Zachary Matthews wrote:

> I thought Interchange handled session ids automatically depending upon
> whether the browser accepts (and returns) cookies.  Is this not true?
>
> > This sounds like you are missing a line like
> >
> > <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
> >
> > in your form page. Have a look at your session id. If the session id is
> > changing after every submitting of your form page, your page has no
> > input tag with "name=mv_session_id".
> >
> > Joachim
[DEL]
--