[ic] The requested item (expired) was not found.

Matthew Schick mschick@brightredproductions.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:45:02 -0600

--=====================_33024604==_.ALT

Hey Mike,

I have only found the problem after being on the site for a
while.  Presumably the session expires, therfore the error.  Otherwise
everything runs without a glitch.

But, as a matter of fact, the results.html is calling [history-tag] here:

         $CGI->{mv_order_quantity} = "$q[$idx]";
         return;
[/calc]
         [bounce href="[history-scan exclude=nothing]"]
[/set]
[tmp cross_sale][value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=0][/tmp]

Besides bumping the session expire time up, what else could I do to bypass
this?

At 12:15 AM 11/22/00, you wrote:
>Quoting Matthew Schick (mschick@brightredproductions.com):
> > Hey All,
> >
> >           I know this bug has been reported before but, as I upgraded (via
> > CVS) the libs a couple of days ago and am still seeing it, I thought it
> > should be re-submitted.  When clicking on the "Buy" button from the search
> > results (results.html) page I get the following error: The requested item
> > (expired) was not found.  I have found this error using both IE 5.5 and
> > Netscape 6.0.  However, the item in question is added to the shopping
> > cart.  I have determined it to be tied to the current session expiring,
> > hence the message.  Maybe a more user-friendly error message, or a
> > modification to the session handling would help....
> >

>This would probably be caused by the no-cookie-catcher code:
>
>[if type=explicit compare="q{[read-cookie MV_SESSION_ID]}"]
>[elsif scratch tried]
>You must have cookies set to leave the basket. Check out now or forever
>lose your shopping cart.
>[/elsif]
>[else]
>[set tried]1[/set]
>[bounce href="[area ord/basket]"]
>[/else]
>[/if]
>
>or you somehow have got some bounce calling [history-scan].
>
>Obviously this is not pervasive or noone would be able to use
>Interchange.
>
>--
>Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
>phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>
>
>Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
>who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
>  -- Winston Churchill

Matthew Schick
mschick@brightredproductions.com
Bright Red Productions, LLC