[ic] bad external timestamp (again)

Rene Hertell rene@hertell.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:30:00 +0200

Why don't you use google when akopias list-search is down. Check the url,
and look in the search-box how the search is entered:

http://www.google.com/search?q=bad+external+timestamp+site%3Aakopia.com&hl=e
n&lr=&safe=off

(in the result is probably also your answer... :)

Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Josh Massie
Sent: 22 November 2000 07:09
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] bad external timestamp (again)

OK, not sure what the deal is.  I had this problem with 4.5.x, where when I
try to create a new catalog using Postgres support it dumps on ic startup
with the error "bad external timestamp".  But I switched to the CVS version
and the problem went away.

Well, due to poor planning, I had to re-install.  So stupid me, I went and
grabbed the 4.6 rpm.  suddenly the problem is back.  However, all my
catalogs that were running prior still run.  It's only the new ones that
roach (probably why I'm still employed :-).  So, I taste the fruit of CVS
again.  But the problem still persists.  So, after much deleting,
re-installing, and gnashing of teeth, I still am getting that error.  Heck,
I've even tried switching the DSN to a known-good catalog's database (and
even on the DB server), but I still get the error.

And since the archive search is in the bog, I haven't found any other
reference to this problem re-appearing.  Is it just me?

Thanks in advance,

josh massie
extranet administrator
pollstar.com