[ic] Using textarea widget in template UI

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:31:57 -0500

Quoting Chris Wenham (cwenham@netmonger.net):

>  I have a few pages that all feature an introduction at the top of the
>  page, and to make it easier for the customer to avoid dealing with
>  the thick HTML and CSS going on in the content part of the page I'd
>  like to stick a text-area in the template UI right underneath things
>  like the page title, component_before, component_after etc.
>
>  The problem is that while I've tried this in the template defenition:
>
>  introduction:
> 	widget: textarea
> 	height: 4
> 	width: 70
> 	help: Message describing page's function
>

>  Interchange displays a normal one-line input box instead of a
>  textarea. Using cols and rows instead of width and height doesn't
>  make any difference either.
>
>  Does anyone know if it's possible to use a textarea widget in the
>  template UI and how?

The templating doesn't support the broken-out height-width like the
meta editor does. You have to use [item-accessories ...] format,
i.e. textarea_3_30.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon