[ic] Safe trap info

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:59:08 -0500

Quoting Steve & Patti Getzinger (steveandpatti@wubs.org):
>   I have several good books on perl but fail to find any info on safe. I am
> learning as I go. So far I have learned that chdir is out and so is glob. Can
> anyone point me to a decent resource for safe?

Try "perldoc Opcode", and of course "perldoc Safe". You can
untrap Safe operations with Interchange's SafeUntrap directive,
but if you want to do file io you may as well run global.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino