[ic] Bad counter magic?

jojo@buchonline.net jojo@buchonline.net
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:50:05 +0100 (CET)

On 28 Nov, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting jojo@buchonline.net (jojo@buchonline.net):
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I stress my apache and IC Server with
>>
>> #ifdef TRAFFIC =~ /high/i
>> Message High traffic settings.
>> HouseKeeping 60
>> MaxServers   10
>> PIDcheck     300
>> #endif
>>

> Jojo,
>
> If this is what you are running, on BSD, then you are going
> to have all sorts of problems. You should run:
>
> 	HouseKeeping 1
> 	MaxServers   0
>
> to have any chance at all of the thing working.

Yes! I know!

BTW:

I´ve follow your suggestions from your e-mail

---------snip---------

and I´ve make a report (Bugzilla).

> The problem you are having with the ip_addr_counter is because
> your ab program is creating so many new sessions that Interchange
> is not allowing access. That is one of the robot defenses. If you
> want to run the stress test, you are going to have to set
> RobotLimit to 0 to disable it.

Thanks! I will try it.

Joachim

BTW2:
I´m able to use my little dirty solution with MV Version 3.xx, Version
4.xx, HouseKeeping > 10 and MaxServers > 0.

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger
buch online                 jojo@buchonline.net