[ic] WARNING: Your mail will soon be bounced if you send TNEF

IF mymother@my-mothers-shop.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Mike Heins wrote:

> (Only pointed toward people who send email to the list cavalierly.)
>
> I found out what is causing the problem with mail list archiving.
> It is profligate use of ridiculous attachements like VCARDs and
> TNEF. These are almost always sent by a Windows system or mail server,
> and seem to pepper the disk with tons of .bin files.
>
> Please don't put this garbage in your email.
>
> I am steamed enough that I may start bouncing email that doesn't comply
> with Internet standards. And I *am* going to start bouncing all HTML
> mail as soon as I can write a reliable filter.

May be that saves you some time or the module mentioned below.

http://mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/procmail/ssjaaa/pm-code-body.html

<quote>

Pm-jamime-kill.rc -- General MIME attachement killer (vcards, html)

     File id

     Copyright (C) 1997-98 Jari Aalto
     Contactid: jari.aalto@poboxes.com
     Created: 1997-12

This code is free software in terms of GNU Gen. pub. Lic. v2 or later
You can get newest version by sending email to maintainer with subject
"send <FILENAME>"

[del] etc....
</endquote>
<quote>