[ic] Agora Shopping Cart is a lot better!

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:18:08 -0500

John,
  There are so many pointers on this person but I liked that post also. I
actually looked at agora.com listed in his post and it doesn't look all that bad.
There are many more features available with MV/IC but MV/IC as I interpret it
(feel free to jump in and cut me off at the knees here Mike :) ) was not designed
for single site people first. It was designed with server admins in mind who
distribute it's abilities to end users running one site. I think many people jump
in thinking it's a script to help them sell on the Net.

  It is extremely powerful without using it for selling a product. Let's examine
running a site with something like one of my present projects. We are putting the
Bible up online. Look at all involved to put 31,100 seperate verses that must be
sorted and stacked and all that good stuff. Now add in the ability to pull from
that file with simple [if] tags and then use simple [include] tags and we have a
site with a ton of cool features without 100 little scripts to do it all. No SSI
to deal with and so on. With MV/IC I have built in search that I can tweak to my
desires easily. I don't have to build 31,100 pages nor anything even close.

  Yes I recommend MV/IC to people who need many of it's features that are not
selling a thing. GREAT site tool. By the way I plan on adding multiple versions
of the Bible as time goes on. 31,100 seperate entries per version. I should have
well over 100,000 "products" before to long. :)

Steve