[ic] Agora Shopping Cart is a lot better!

Rocky Marquiss rmarquiss@discovercreation.org
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 12:09:14 -0600

John,

You asked "As to a single store using MV/IC, why not?" Maybe I missed
something. If somebody like myself is being hosted by an outside company
and has standard cgi-bin abilities - can interchange be used? The way mine
installed required a program to run on the server at all times for it to
work - and most host providers I know kinda frown on that sorta thing.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong however... :-)

Rocky
At 11:53 AM 10/2/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>G'Day Again Steve,
>
>I too have used MiniVend and now Interchange as a front end to an SQL
>database
>and not to seel anything. It is PERFECT for this application.
>
>Personally I treat MiniVend as a tool for a dynamic content based site. Any
>site can be braught to life with MV/IC.
>
>As to who should and shouldn't use it. Well if you are not a programmer you
>shouldn't use it or you should hire one. Minivend is not for new users. If
>you
>don't know or can't learn Perl, and have no idea what a shell account it,
>don't
>bother me hacks about an excelent product. I actually wrote that guy an
>e-mail
>he pissed me off so much.
>
>There are three types of people in this world smart, stupid, and ignorant.
>Ignorant people are just people with a lack of knoweldge. After you teach
>them
>they are fine. Stupid people however are just stupid, and I can't deal with
>stupid people. He is stupid.
>
>As to a single store using MV/IC, why not! I have setup two of these. Most of
>the time you just replace the graphics, and do minor mods to the template and
>away you go!
>
>John
>

>Quoting Steve & Patti Getzinger <steveandpatti@wubs.org>:
>
> > John,
> >   There are so many pointers on this person but I liked that post also.
> > actually looked at agora.com listed in his post and it doesn't look all
> > that bad.
> > There are many more features available with MV/IC but MV/IC as I
> > interpret it
> > (feel free to jump in and cut me off at the knees here Mike :) ) was not
> > designed
> > for single site people first. It was designed with server admins in mind
> > who
> > distribute it's abilities to end users running one site. I think many
> > people jump
> > in thinking it's a script to help them sell on the Net.
> >
> >   It is extremely powerful without using it for selling a product. Let's
> > examine
> > running a site with something like one of my present projects. We are
> > putting the
> > Bible up online. Look at all involved to put 31,100 seperate verses that
> > must be
> > sorted and stacked and all that good stuff. Now add in the ability to
> > pull from
> > that file with simple [if] tags and then use simple [include] tags and
> > we have a
> > site with a ton of cool features without 100 little scripts to do it
> > all. No SSI
> > to deal with and so on. With MV/IC I have built in search that I can
> > tweak to my
> > desires easily. I don't have to build 31,100 pages nor anything even
> > close.

> [...]

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD
JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  Isaiah
12:2

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous
judgments endureth for ever.  Psalms 119:160