[ic] Ground.csv..HELP

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:27:39 -0400

Quoting Rick Walker (rich@ednet.co.uk):

> Right, I have been looking in the wrong log file, all together 1, 2, 3
> duuhhh!
>
> This is the output from the logs;
>
> >212.20.226.180 JuMEtAbH:212.20.226.180 - [04/October/2000:13:50:37 +0100]
> >ednet /cgi-bin/user/rich/ednet/process.html Bad SQL, query was: SELECT
> >DISTINCT db FROM mv_metadata
>
> As much as I can figure is that there are missing variables in the SQL
> (??).  I've tried to trace back to identify the problem but the
> mv_metadata.gdbm is a binary file and hence I can't tell much from looking
> at it.
>
> On first appraisal I thought MV/IC was an excellent solution well worth
> it's praise.  Saddly, I'm near breaking point and about to give into using
> a flat file solution.  If anyone has any ideas whats wrong here please let
> me know, for my own sanity if nothing else.

You don't have all of the Modules installed. What is the output from
your admin/genconfig page? I bet it includes:

	SQL::Statement not installed.
	IMPORTANT: UI Database editors will not work properly.

The other possibility is you removed your mv_metadata database. If you
did, the UI will still work if you get the latest from CVS.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous