[ic] Interesting Bug or Feature??

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:29:06 -0400

Quoting John Beima (jbeima@reality.palb.com):
> G'Day Folks,
>
> I was wondering if someone had a work around for this...
>
> Say your catalog has a user with the username of "jbeima".
>
> MiniVend allows the user to login ignoring the case. So "jbeima", "Jbeima", and
> "jBeima" all log the same user in.
>
> Now when the user buys something instead of the username "jbeima" being stored
> in the orderline database, whatever the user typed in the login is stored. So
> the orderline username will actually contain "Jbeima" or "jBeima" depending on
> what the user typed.
>
> So if we generate a report that queries all the orderline data and then sorts it
> by username, this user appears to be three different people. So he has to look
> for his order information in 3 different places.
>
> What I was wondering, is if there is a way of triggering Minivend to re-load the
> username from the userdb when it loads the rest of the user data, so in fact all
> his information is then later saved correctly in all the otehr tables?

This seems like a good fix for the UserDB module, since we store the username
in a place not accessible for embedded Perl (i.e.
[perl] $Session->{username} = lc $Session->{username} [/perl] will not persist.)

But you can also do yourself by adding

Filter  mv_username lc

to catalog.cfg.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock