[ic] Oracle?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 05:27:14 -0400

Quoting David Guerrero (david@boe.es):
> jason burns wrote:
> >
> > Is there any documentation on how to configure interchange
> > to work with Oracle? Is this currently supported?
> > I noticed the website had an Oracle logo on it.
>
> Interchange should work with Oracle as well other DBI/DBD compliant
> databases... But the reality is that you will have some troubles trying
> it. I've been using it since a couple of months, with a couple of
> issues, like the "Database XXX UPPERCASE 1" not working (workaround: use
> your filed names uppercase), and a small DBD problem (at least in my
> installation...)

How does UPPERCASE not work?

It is intended to allow you to use lower case field names in the
[item-list] ... [/item-list] and [loop ...] [/loop] things. Does
that not work?

(The problem arises from the fact that DBD::Oracle gives you back
 upper case field names no matter what you define or refer to
 them as. )

> Mike and the people of Akopia are aware of them, and I know they are
> working to solve them ASAP.
>
> Yesterday, Mike said in this mailing list that they will be including a
> dbconf/oracle directory in a future release of Interchange...

Maybe even the first release. We have it pretty much put together. The
thorniest problem we had was with the large number
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".