[ic] Cancel Pending Orders

Brian Dowling interchange@generationz.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:07:31 -0500

Hi All!

Have IC/MySQL up and running, the technical implementor hat is off and from
what I can tell all is fine. My store administrator hat is on along with
the customer hat. During this initial process of testing, including process
flow at the levels of customer, store admin, shipping dept (I'll get to the
site design next) I have a couple things I'd like to modify and am in need
of a pointer.

1)Customer places order, gets reciept via email of pending status. Shipping
dept gets order to process with credit card number! This is way bad. Order
is shipped customer needs email notification of shipped status with ups
tracking number. Any direction where I can find these answers or do I need
my designer hat on and figure it out?

2)Customer places order, gets email of pending status with hyperlink to
verify this status. BUT the customer found a bigger mallet after placing
the order and there is no obvious way for him to cancel the pending order
to order/spend mo money! Any direction where I can find these answers or do
I need my designer hat on and figure it out?

Thanks,
Brian