[ic] Frames

Hans-Joachim Leidinger jojo@buchonline.net
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 21:28:02 +0200

Julian James wrote:

> I have been trying to bring different Interchange pages into the index page
> (so that the shopping cart, navigation bar and product detail can all be
> shown at once). I managed on InterShop but am having trouble finding the
> right tag for the action in Interchange.
>
> <frame src=" _________">
>
> This would then pull a specified dynamic page into the browser to fill that
> particular frame. The same would then be done for the other pages required.
>
> Can it be done, and if so, what tag should be used in order to ensure that
> the link is dynamic rather than static?

I hope, I understand your question right.
First: Yes! It can be done.
Second: Make sure, your static index page make an automatic move to the
Interchange and call the index page from Interchange. In this index
page, you can write it like

<frame src="[area topframe]">
<frame src="[area middleframe]">
<frame src="[area bottomframe]">

and you have the file "topframe.html", "middleframe.html" and
"bottomframe.html" in your ../yourcatalogname/pages directory!

Joachim

--
-------------Hans-Joachim Leidinger---------------------