[ic] premature end of script headers

Hans-Joachim Leidinger jojo@buchonline.net
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 21:33:22 +0200

"Kyle P. McLerren" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have searched for this topic in the message archive but i couldnt fidn a
> solution to my problem. could osmeone please help? here my set up
>
> Distro: Debian, kernel 2.2.16, 64mb ram, cyrix 333mhz processor.
>
> interchange catologue: http://gandalf.aub.com/cgi-bin/gandalf
>
> Everything APPEARS to work fine with interchange until i do one of a couple
> things. If i just go to the catolgue above, using the construction demo,
> everything LOOKs fine in the sense that you can navigate anywhere, and
> everything looks great! BUT - when i click "buy item" for any item, it gives
> me the internal server error. This also happens when i try to remove an item
> witht he administrator menu. I have been able to add new items, but not
> remove them, or add items to my cart. the apache error.log reads:
>
> [Sat Oct  7 03:36:02 2000] [error] [client 199.174.221.130] Premature end of
> script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/gandalf
>
> Is this possibly a premissions problem? I think ive tried everything! :(
> please help, thanks.

The most common case for getting the "premature ..." error message is:

- something is wrong in your Interchange page
- something is wrong your UserTag or GlobalSub function
- something is wrong with another program, who has to serve Interchange
with any datas.

In most common case, you get an error message in you Interchange and/or
catalog directory.
Look into the file error.log and you get a hint.

Joachim

--
-------------Hans-Joachim Leidinger---------------------