[ic] German umlaut problem with the scan tag!

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:03:41 -0400

Quoting jojo@buchonline.net (jojo@buchonline.net):
> Hi list,
>
> I´ve trouble to get the scan tag working with german umlaut. I want to
> use this codes
>
> ---snip--------
> [area href=scan
>            arg=|
>            ml=20
>            st=sql
>            sf=category
>            se=[item-field category]
> ---snip--------
>
> and I´ve a category name "Komödie". I get an URL with "Kom%f6die"
> instead of "Komödie". I can´t use the form tag, because the list of
> the category names is not stable and I can´t make an images for all the
> category names or for any changed category names.
>
> Any ideas or solutions?

You have to follow the FAQ topic and add su=yes. Why this should be
required in the middle of a word, I don't know, but it is.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>