[ic] install: Couldn't change to (...)/catalogs: Permission denied

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:17:28 -0400

Quoting Cameron B. Prince (cameron@akopia.com):
> Check your command:
>
> Should be:
>
> chown -R interch:interch
>
> Not:
>
> chmod -R interch:interch
>
> I generally make the directories 700, but since you're on a test system,
> make them 755...
>
> Good luck,
>
> Cameron

Whenever debugging a problem like this try it from the command line.

	# su - interch
	$ cd /web/cat/dir
	Couldn't change to /web/cat/dir: Permission  denied
	$

I am guessing that is what you will see. There is probably a directory
in the tree above that has no execute permission for other.

Anybody want to try their hand at a permission_verify script?

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill