[ic] Need to restart ic continuously

Jeff Case jeff_case@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:41:52 PDT

I'm on a shared server that shuts down ic/MV after X minutes.  Visitors then
get the MV "Server busy" signal.

I fixed this in MV two years ago with the help of Mike and my ISP.  However,
my current situation requires that I do the following each time I restart:

MINIVEND_DBFILE=1
export MINIVEND_DBFILE
restart
<<

How do I go about adding this to my current restart_mvend.cgi script?

crontab checks to see if ic is running every 5 mins.

The restart script reads:

#!/bin/bash
var=`ps -ax | grep "servername/ic" | grep -v -c grep`
if [ 0 -eq $var ]
then
/my/local/directory/ic/bin/restart &
fi

<<

How do I add the needed (DBFILE=1,etc) command-line arguments to this
script?  I've tried a few things and can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

- Jeff

[ps] on BSDi, ic 4.5.5, Perl 5.005_03