[ic] UPS Additional shipping calculation

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:43:54 -0400

Quoting webuildpcs.com (res059ss@gte.net):
> I am 99.7% positive I am doing this correct, but here it is anyhow -
>
> In the user interface: Shipping options: edit method upsg (the default UPS
> Ground in Construct Something) to add an additional percentage to the total
> shipping cost I have tried the following:
>
> Additional shipping calculation:
> x = x + (x * .85)
> x = x + ( x * .85 )
> x=x+(x*.85)
> x = x  * 1.85
> and so on......
>
> Nothing seems to change this caculation
>
> Any ideas? Is it a bug - according to the docs this is how it is done - just
> won't work for me.

Bug in the docs. For the internal UPS calculation, all you can do
is add some fixed number.

If you use the external lookup, you could do "* .85" and it should
work.
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon