[ic] Re: Interchange Hosting

Houman Akhavan houman@edigitalweb.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:55:16 -0700

I am currently running Interchange 4.5.7 with MySQL as the backend.

My current hardware setup is:
Dual 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, 256KB cache
384 MB RAM
Two 9 GB, 10K SCSI Hard Drives

Does anyone recommend putting the mysql database on a separate server, and
having Interchange and Apache on it's own server?

We are preparing to run a large product database using interchange, with
multiple stores, each store having its own mysql db.

It is expected that there will be a high volume of queries against the mysql
db, each database could have about 3000+ records of product information.

If anyone could share your experiences with large databases running
Interchange or minivend, that would be great!

Thanks,

Houman A.