[ic] Thousands of error logs in .gz format

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:31:11 -0400

Quoting Greg Heath (greg@pacifictech.com.au):
> Eric,
> Sorry about the virus comment. I was making reference to a self replicating
> entity, not a slur on unix.
>
> All I'd like to know is if this has been corrected in the current shipping
> of this product.
>
> Other people I have put onto MV are now aware of this problem, but I feel
> little things like that effect the reputation of a product (or service for
> that matter).
> I found the product to be advantageous to my clients wanting a cart that can
> grow with their online business.
>
> >As for deleting your logs, rm -f error*.gz should do you.
> Actually to many files for rm to handle. Had to use.
>     for i in /var/log/minivend/*;do rm -f $i; done
> This works as it only passes one file at a time to the rm command.

This is all actually caused by the symlink, I think. We will remove
them from the RPM.

The canonical way (IMHO) to remove large numbers of files on UNIX is:

	find /var/log/minivend -type f | xargs rm

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock