[ic] donation of arbitrary value

David Sheth david@bmcinteractive.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:59:12 -0500

Hi,

I build stores for non-profit orgs, and would like to switch to minivend.
However, the non-profits all need a way for a person to make a donation of
an arbitrary amount sometime during the checkout process.  What they don't
want is for a person to have to choose from a list of predetermined donation
amounts to add to their cart.  I suppose that I could take a customer's
arbitrary donation amount and then on the fly create an item in the database
that is priced at that amount, and then add it to their cart.  Are there
other, possibly better/more elegant solutions?

Thanks for your help.

David Sheth
BMC Interactive