[ic] Customers Are NOT placing orders

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:08:33 -0400

Quoting Beriah Dutcher (beriah@webuildpcs.com):
> Well i figured out that the customers are just stupid....if you dont create
> an account, then you HAVE to fill out at least teh shipping info and then
> hit refresh. So screw em. Excuse my language

One thing that is easy to do is put a box on the cart page
that says "enter your zip code to preview shipping costs". (Obviously
those with multi-national business must put country as well.) Then
you can put an estimated shipping cost line in the cart that is present
if they have filled out the info.

You should always default to a good shipmode, IMHO:

    ValuesDefault mv_shipmode upsg

(Again, multinationals may have to perform a couple of dipsy-doodles
but it is always possible.)

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

The U.S. Senate -- white male millionaires working for YOU!  -- Dave Barry