[ic] Cybercash - OrderID problem.

Sonny Cook sonny@akopia.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:38:53 -0500 (CDT)

Assuming it is working correctly (which may be an irresponsible
assumption), Interchange will generate two different numbers that will be
associated with the charge.  Conveniently enough, both are at some point
refered to as the order id.  The one generated for cybercash has a
timestamp and part of the session id in it.  Once the order is successful,
another order id is generated from a sequential generator and used as the
unique id in the database field.  This problem really stems from a
paradigm colusion that hasn't been sorted out all the way.  Now that you
mention it though, I can see how this could be confusing.

On the other hand, something might be broken, and this might not be the
problem at all.

---
Sonny Cook
Akopia

"I don't want fifteen dollars."  --Franklin D. Rooselvelt