[ic] Listing subcategories

Reid Ivens reid@n-visionit.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:15:54 -0400

Hi folks,

I have what I think is a fairly easy question, but I can't seem to make this
work.

I've recently upgraded to 4.5.7 and one of the features I used in 4.5.5 was
a subcategory listing.  I would list the top-level categories as areas on
the front page and use the subcat.html page to display the subcategories by
passing the category as an mv_arg.  With the new version, the subcat.html
page is gone and I'd like to do the same thing, but I can't seem to figure
out how to look-up the subcategories.

I started by taking the "complete" area listing from the leftbar of the
construct demo, but I only want the sub-categories of a specific top-level
area.  I can't figure out how to pass the "area code" (as opposed to the
name as an mv_arg) to the category-listing part of that code. Can anyone
give me a bit of help on this one?

Thanks,
Reid Ivens

Reid Ivens, CIO