[ic] Nested-IFS and Inner-IFS keep breaking

Houman Akhavan houman@edigitalweb.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:16:09 -0700

The following is a search page which is running on Interchange v4.5.6. After
the third nested if this breaks. I have tested it as a single nested if and
it works. I am just checking to see if my syntax is incorrect for the
if-statement. The Construct store really doesn't have any nested-ifs in its
pages, and the docs don't say much about them either.  Also, it breaks when
you use logical operators more than once, such as [AND ...] and [OR ...].

btw, congratulations on the 4.6 release!

Thanks,
Houman

These values are sent to the search page:

<FORM action=[area search] name=search_form method=GET>

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_map VALUE="
mv_searchspec=make
mv_searchspec=model
mv_searchspec=year
">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=make>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=model>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=year>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=make VALUE="HONDA">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=model VALUE="CIVIC">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=year VALUE="1990">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_page VALUE=search_mirrors>

<INPUT BORDER=0 NAME="mv_submit" VALUE="Submit" TYPE=submit>

</TD></TR></FORM></TABLE>

Page Contents:

[if value make eq "Make"]
        [if value model eq "Model"]
              [if value year eq "Years"]
              [else]
                   year
              [/else]
              [/if]
         [else]
              model
         [/else]
         [/if]

[elsif value model eq "Models"]
            HONDA
[/elsif]

[elsif value models eq "Years"]
            HONDA,CIVIC
[/elsif]

[else]
            HONDA,CIVIC,1990
[/else]
[/if]

Resulting Output:
CIVIC

1990
year [/else] [/if] [else] model [/else] [/if] [elsif value search2 eq "All
Models"] make [/elsif] [elsif value search3 eq "All Models"] make,model
[/elsif] [else] make,model,year