[ic] Re: IC 4.6.0 and development

marcel marcel@multimake.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:47:47 -0300

--------------CF1C1991076122959F21BC81

Best choice would always be a text editor.
Then you're REALLY sure that it doesn't mess with the code.
I use nedit 5.1.1(http://nedit.org) on my linux box (redhat62). It's
pretty fast, lotsa features, and very well
shortcuted for an ex-windows user like me.
But I think that what helps me more is the highlighting it provides.
it helps by highlighting HTML tags and perl (it surely helps on regexps
and blocks).
and it provides this feature for about everything is available for linux
(C, perl, python, csh, sh, bash, html,
sgml, tcl, pascal, latex, postcript, sql, an lot more).

A virtual linux box should help, but I think that for development it'll
be ALWAYS faster in a installation
basic installation with only modules and stuff you need. not a single
.so or whatever added.