[ic] Installation Help

marcel marcel@multimake.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:17:34 -0300

For whay you are saying, there are a couple possibilities:

it is ZIPed or TAR-Gziped?

if it's zip, then you won't be able to extract it, as it seems that there's no

unzip on your server.
You should unzip it locally, tar it, gzip it and then upload. (or upload
uncompressed but that would
take a LOT longer).

$ unzip interchangewhatever.zip
$ mv interchangewhatever.zip /somewhereelse
$ tar -rf interchangewhatever.tar *
$ gzip -9 interchangewhatever.tar

ready to upload. the file "interchangewhatever.tar.gz"

if it is ALREADY a tar.gz, then you should use GUNZIP, not unzip.

$ gunzip -dc interchangewhatever.tar.gz | tar xvf -

ready to install.

$ cd interchangewhatever
$ ./configure.

for installation, I really encourage you to read documentation because it asks
lots of questions
and most of them you should ask to the administrator if it isn't your server.

("whatever" stands for "-4.5.8", "4.6.0" or what ever version you try to
install)