[ic] using SSL with the Admin sections

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 13:57:54 -0400

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (racke@linuxia.de):
> "Aaron Unger" <webmaster@ungerdesign.com> writes:
>
> > I'm setting up Interchange, and I have successfully set up the store to use
> > my SSL server when the user checks out.  My question is: Is there any way to
> > let me make interchange use the SSL server for the admin pages too? It seems
> > like with all the user sensitive data an admin might access, it might be a
> > good idea.
>
> This is indeed a very good idea and IMHO one of the points where the
> Interchange UI needs improvement. I tried to fiddle with the URL
> in UI_STD_HEAD, but as I remember it worked not perfectly.

It would be pretty easy to put something like this on the initial
page:

[if variable UI_SECURE]
[perl]
	$Config->{VendURL} = $Config->{SecureURL};
	$Session->{Autoload} = <<'EOF';
    [calc]
    $Config->{VendURL} = $Config->{SecureURL};
    return;
    [/calc]
EOF
[/perl]
[/if]

At that point, the user will get secure for all accesses.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown