[ic] adding javascript for silly mouseOver effects on menubar

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:46:45 -0400

Quoting argonaut molasses (naugahyde@earthlink.net):
> Hey all,
>     Granted this is a trivial endeavor, but I've been trying to figure
> out how to add some javascript to the BARRY demo
> in order to achieve a simple mouseOver image swap on the menubar.
> Basically I have a toggleImage function defined
> in the <head> section of ../catalogs/barry/config/logobar, and it needs
> to be called inside of an <A href=""> tag with
> onMouseOver="toggleImage(imgname,array_position)" ... & certainly it
> does work in a static html page.
>     What I'm stumped by is how to add this to the definitions of each
> [area] item that is pulled into the menubar - while I can edit the URL
> field in the Area table and thereby replace the 'whatever' in
> 'href="whatever"' with a javascript function ,  I can't see how or where
> to add the onMouseOver="toggleImage()" & onMouseOut="toggleImage()"
> calls that I need to the [area] item.
> It can't be in the URL definition,  external or otherwise, as that is
> evidently just parsed out to retrieve an X for href="X".  Nor can it be
> added to the Image  properties field (doesn't do anything).   Anybody
> know how to pass such extra arguments to the [area] items or otherwise
> access the code that ultimately writes out the full <A href="URL"> tag
> associated with each item???

Look in the file catalog_before.cfg for the routine bar_link.

There is a piece of template HTML that you can edit -- it *may* also
look in the link_template field of the area/cat databases and use
that if it is present.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.