[ic] AOL not checking out

Eric Paul epaul@spellbook.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:24:44 -0400

Has anyone had any problems with AOL users and Minivend 4.04a?  I have a
client who called me today, his customers can't checkout when using
AOL.  He logged in with AOL to verify, and when he hits the checkout button
nothing happens, he just gets an error message.  When he hits continue
shopping he gets a different error.  He then tried on some other computers
using MSN dialup and another ISP and it works fine.  I tried it from my
house using the cable modem, no problem.  Also tried AOL, and no
problem.  I can't reproduce the error, so I don't know where to start
troubleshooting.  I'm guessing (and this is totally a guess) that AOL's
spider cached some bad data, and that since I'm accessing AOL via TCP/IP
I'm hitting a different node, so different cache pool.  Any idea how I can
force AOL not to cache the bad data (if this is indeed the problem at all...)

Eric
---
Eric Paul
SpellBook Systems