[ic] Configuration ERROR: Can't write uid file: Permission denied

Art@brionet.com art@brionet.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:23:04 -0400

Hi,

I am using an ISP.

I am trying to install interchange from /home/mydomain/interchange-4.5.5.

Other perl scripts being used reside in /home/mydomain/www/cgi-bin.

This is the error I am getting when I run configure.

--------------------ERROR MESSAGE-------------------

Found Perl 5.00503 as /usr/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it should go away.

opendir(./../..): Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/FindBin.pm
line 143

Can't write uid file: Permission denied
make: *** No targets.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

 Any suggestions / solutions ?

 Thanks

 art@brionet.com

P.S. These are the only instructions available from my ISP.

 CGI-SCRIPTS:

CGI scripts need to be saved in ASCII format and uploaded to your server's
cgi-bin in ASCII or text format. This is very important.

ISP does not provide free support for CGI scripts which did not come
installed on your account.

If you are not an expert, look for scripts that are very well documented and
come with step-by-step instructions.

 HOW TO RUN YOUR OWN CGI PROGRAM

a.) Put your CGI programs in the cgi-bin directory.

When calling the programs from the web page, you must use the alias for the
cgi-bin directory.

The alias is "cgi-[yourdomain]". If your domain is example.com, then the
alias is cgi-example.

Note that ".com" is not included. So the action line from your form page
would look like action="/cgi-example/program".

b.) Put your CGI programs anywhere outside of the cgi-bin directory. In this
case, the program name must end in ".cgi".

 PATHS TO DATE, MAIL, PERL, ETC.

Here are your paths to the common server resources that CGI scripts often
require:

Sendmail:
 /usr/sbin/sendmail

Perl5: