[ic] BUG REPORT: Interchange CVS admin interface has broken gif links

Toni Mueller support-ic@oeko.net
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:27:09 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 03:03:26PM -0500, Jon Jensen wrote:
> > A quick look shows that the gifs are supposed to be located on
> > http://host/akopia/ui/navigation/B3_b.gif.  But bin/makecat never generated
> > that, so there's the problem.

Well, I just did a fresh CVS update and can't find such images anywhere
in the whole tree. I'd also suggest that one can get a CVSup mirror that
would probably make filling such missing links easier.

> > There are still some deficiencies, notably the images that should be
> > in your DocumentRoot sub-directory akopia/ui are missing from the
> > install, and you will have to manually copy them from the
> > interchange/share directory.

Unfortunately I can't find any directory like interchange/share, only
one in the to-be distribution directory when trying to 'make tardist'
but which is emtpy:

$ make tardist
rm -rf interchange-4.5.6
/usr/local/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.005 -MExtUtils::Manifest=manicopy,maniread \
-e "manicopy(maniread(),'interchange-4.5.6', 'best');"
mkdir interchange-4.5.6
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/lib
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/lib/UI
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/lib/UI/pages
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/lib/UI/pages/admin
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/lib
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/lib/Vend
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/lib/UI/usertag
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/construct
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/construct/products
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/share
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/share/akopia
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/share/akopia/ui
mkdir interchange-4.5.6/share/akopia/ui/navigation
-e: share/akopia/ui/navigation/B5_c.gif not found at -e line 1
Can't read share/akopia/ui/navigation/B5_c.gif: No such file or directory
 at -e line 1
make: *** [distdir] Error 2

In particular I don't have any 'share' directory, also not in a CVS
checkout from Sep/9th:

$ find .  | grep -i share
$

(from within the top level interchange directory).

> be able to use. For now, bug reports and patches should just go to the
> interchange-users list.

Done.

Best Regards,
--Toni++