[ic] Help with a new Catalog

John Nealy jnealy@symetrek.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:01:32 -0400

Rocky Marquiss wrote:

> I had to edit /etc/minivend.cfg to comment out the definition lines then
> restart interchange (interchange --restart) - this solved my problem when I
> received that message.
>
> At 08:06 AM 9/17/2000 -0400, you wrote:
> >I have seen others having this problem, but no solutions which have
> >helpem me.
> >I installed ic 4.5.5 on RH 6.0 via the rpm and it creates barry and
> >simple just fine - I can access
> >them from my browser with no problems.  When I run bin/makecat to make a
> >catalog called mycat
> >everything *seems* o.k. - I can callup www.symetrek.com/mycat and get to
> >the intro, but clicking on
> >Enter gives the Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/mycat message.  All files
> >are in place and minivend.cfg has the mycat entry.  Any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >John Nealy.

> -----------------------------
> Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD
> JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  Isaiah
> 12:2
>
> But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
> mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
> shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31
>
> Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous
> judgments endureth for ever.  Psalms 119:160

Thanks.  I edited out the lines then did a restart to no avail.  I re-edited
(leaving my catalog entriy uncommented) and did a "interchange --restart" and
it worked.  Maybe I didn't RTFM, but I only saw the
/bin/minivend -r command mentioned for restarting interchange.  Does this need
to be fixed?  Again thanks!
John.