[ic] order

Detlef Funkel df@bkit.de
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:54:11 +0200

Hi folks,

I'm encountering the following tricky situation:
Before finishing the order process on the checkout-page, I would like to
do a "real-time" check via a socket connection to another server.

How would you guys suggest including the code for this process (I need
to use IO::Socket and other nifty perl modules...)?

How do I make the creation hold on - or even cancel - if the "real-time"
check fails?

I had taken a look at the implementation of cybercash. Maybe I need to
fiddle around in the minivend code? But that's not what I actually had
in mind...

Is there anyone who has a good idea? Thank you so much in advance for
your suggestions in this issue!!!

Detlef