[ic] using mml tags in area's selector field

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
21 Sep 2000 09:58:20 -0400

I am using a hardly modified version of barry.  I have left the code
for the leftsite almost exactly the same.  To my untrained eye, the
links to my various categories is getting built with "[box-exec
bar_link]area[/box-exec]" (where "box" is the prefix given in the
[loop] tag).

Again with my limited understanding, the actual link built is table
driven from the area table.  I think the table to be searched is in
the 'tab' field and the selection criteria is set in the 'selector'
field.  What I would like to do is put additional selection criteria
in that field.  Specifically, I would like something like this:

category=specific_category,addl_category=[scratch my_addl_category]

I've tried this, and it doesn't work.  It seems like my options are
two: filter the matches out in the results page using and [if [scratch
my_addl_category] eq [item-field addl_category]] tag; or to not use
PREFIX-exec, loose the "dynamic" nature of table driven stuff and
build my own links with a search profile and the [page] tag.

What is the "Minivend Way" to handle this?
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker