[ic] POSTGRESQL

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
21 Sep 2000 15:49:44 +0200

"Rick Walker" <rich@ednet.co.uk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to interchange so bear with me please!
>
> I'm trying to set up minivend to have a pgsql backend.  One thing that I
can't seem to find a work around for is the fact that the pg user has to be
a pg super user in order to modify the cart entirely (delete items etc).
This is far from ideal from an ISP point of view.  Is this the case? Is
there a work arround? Or am I missing the point?

As any DBMS that is worth to speak of PostgreSQL has a fine grain access
control. The SQL command GRANT is your friend.

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis