[ic] "touching" a database causes [import] to stop working

Chris Wenham cwenham@netmonger.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:44:50 -0400 (EDT)

 I've isolated a problem that's happening whenever I want to use the
 [import] tag to add a record to a database.

 If I use [perl tables="whatever"] or [data whatever column key] in
 the same page, then the [import] tag fails to work. As soon as I
 comment out the [data] tag (or remove the table from the perl tag),
 the [import] works again.

 What I'm doing in the page that performs the [import] is to check for
 duplicate records before inserting. This means doing a lookup on the
 proposed key to make sure there isn't already a record with the same
 key. The act of "touching" the database this way appears to make the
 [import] tag impotent.

 Is Interchange/minivend locking the table?

Regards,

Chris Wenham