[ic] 4.5.5 I still have no luck importing new products.txt file

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:13:51 -0400

Quoting John Foster (jfoster@augustmail.com):
> I was able to get the 4.5.5 version to accept imports into a catalog
> system using the gdbm internal system and into one using mysql of all of
> the .txt files; except for the products.txt these are very large
> databases of about 120,000 line items with about 25 fields in the table.
> I keep getting the same error from Apache "[Mon Sep 25 09:12:57 2000]
> [error] [client 216.87.145.170] Premature end of script headers:
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/simple" in the apache log. I get no errors from ic. I
> have increased the timeouts, keepalive requests etc in apache to the
> point where it is stupid. Still the same error. Is there an alternative
> way to upgrade the catalogs. I have tried putting the new catalogs in
> the template and rebuilding the store. That also did not work. I also
> have noticed the there seems to be some running script that shows all of
> the updated items in the store upno completing the import. Could this be
> the problem with a large update? Anyone have any ideas??

What's wrong with "offline", the script which does this?

That is too big a data set to be uploading via HTTP.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock