[ic] Re: CVS update question :(

Toni Mueller support-ic@oeko.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:02:41 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 07:59:39AM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Stefan Hornburg (racke@linuxia.de):
> > Toni Mueller <support-ic@oeko.net> writes:
> > > $ make tardist

> > > mkdir interchange-4.5.6/dist/construct/products
> > > -e: dist/construct/products/NextDayAir.csv not found at -e line 1
> > > Can't read dist/construct/products/NextDayAir.csv: No such file or directory
> > >  at -e line 1
> > > make: *** [distdir] Error 2

> > > I have no problem updating other projects using CVS...

while I still hold to this, this time it's my fault.

I really *should* get around getting the full story about CVS _RSN_
(I already went after the CVS book).

> > I think this is a result of an not up-to-date MANIFEST
> > file. The Akopia developers should run "make dist" before
> > committing stuff.

Hmm... And I also should get around undestanding MakeMaker.

> been there since the beginning. I certainly cannot explain why the file
> would not be present in the distribution....other than an interrupted
> initial checkout or an update without the -d option.

The latter, but please don't ask me why this wasn't there initially.
I confused -d with -P. Moral: In general, -d is your friend...

Now everything is fine. Thank you!

Best Regards,
--Toni++