[ic] status of LDAP code in interchange 4.5.6

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:44:16 -0400

Quoting Greg Cope (gjjc@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk):
> Dear All
>
> This is a question for Mike really.
>
> I've been reading the interchange code and see that there are referances
> to Net::LDAP.
>
> What is the status of LDAP code - is it still being developed ?

It should work. Have you tried it? Oh, probably not. No docs. 8-\

I think you have to do something like:

    Database variable variable.txt LDAP
    Database variable LDAP_HOST   ldap.minivend.com
    Database variable BIND_DN     co=your_dn
    Database variable BIND_PW     your_secret

In looking at LDAP in general, variable seems to make the most
sense as a table to put on LDAP. Possibly "access", though that would
be kind of slow for the UI if you had any kind of network latency.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown