[ic] Install/Configure problems (Part II)

Jeff Case jeff_case@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 08:45:51 PDT

>From: Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>
>To: interchange-users@minivend.com
>Subject: Re: [ic] Install/Configure problems (Part II)
>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:08:56 -0400
>
>Quoting Jeff Case (jeff_case@hotmail.com):
> > Running on UNIX (BSD) w/ Apache web server, Perl 5.005(03)
> > Interchange v: 4.5.5
> >
> > When attempting to reach barry.cgi/index.html I get:
> >
> > [29/September/2000:17:39:56 -0400] barry /cgibin/barry.cgi/index.html
> > Runtime error: couldn't init cache at
> > /xxx/xxx/xxx/surfwarehouse/mvend/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 69, <IN>
>chunk
> > 3.
> >

>These are very simply a lack of write permissions or disk space.
>Or conceivably GDBM/Perl build problems. If GDBM cannot init its cache,
>then there is nothing Interchange can do with it.

Mike, Thanks for the response!

However, I am still not sure why I am getting this error.  It looks like
GDBM.pm is trying to create the database?  Or is it just trying to modify an
existing database?

I know it is not a disk space issue.  So it must be permissions.

As everything else installed correctly, I am confused as to why this has
not.

Can you tell me where GDBM.pm needs to write to?  What is/are the default
databases for barry that Interchange wants to work with?  If I know this,
perhaps I can manually change the permissions and check the databases.

Similarly, how would I go about checking to see if there was a GDBM/Perl
build problem?

Thanks for such an incredible shopping cart system!

Best regards,

- Jeff